Natural Alternatives to Spermicide
Once you have committed yourself to a hormone free, natural method of birth control, it can be disappointing to learn about the cocktail of chemicals within the spermicides that must accompany your contraceptive barrier. Chemical laden spermicides or contraceptive gels can lead to irritation or an itchy rash and can be a show stopper for some couples and actually prohibit the use of the desired contraceptive. Thankfully, Contragel, an all natural, extremely effective spermicidal gel is taking the barrier contraceptive world by sperm. At last your natural birth control method is fully integrated.
Key Facts About Contragel
- Totally Hormone Free
- Instantly Reversible Contraception
- Totally Free of Nonoxynol-9
- Available Over The Counter (OTC Non-Prescription)
- Over 35 Years Production History
- European Manufactured
- CE 0124 Certified and Health Canada Approved
- Always In Stock
- Usually dispatched Within 48 Hours
- Lactic Acid
- Sodium Lactate
- Methyl Cellulose
- Sorbic Acid
Finally — A Short List Of Natural Ingredients
Contragel Green Vs. Nonoxonol-9
ContraGel has recently been launched in the UK to help solve a wide range of issues associated with the usual spermicides prescribed by the NHS. By only using100% natural ingredients, ContraGel Green reduces the risk and occurrence of many adverse reactions which are synonymous with chemically packed spermicides, in particular those containing Nonoxynol-9 (N-9) such as Gygel and Gynol II. N-9 is an abrasive agent, most commonly found in detergents and has been identified by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as actually increasing the risk of HIV/AIDS in certain situations. For this reason it has also become increasingly hard to buy spermicide in countries such as the USA, Australia, and New Zealand as their health services and agencies turn their back on it. Stopping prescription of a dangerous chemical based product or treatment is good, however, what does the patient do? Hormonal contraception? We are sure that is what the NHS and the pharmaceutical companies would like to hear!
The FDA Warns About The Dangers Of Nonoxonol-9
Uninformed Consumers Are Making Dangerous Decisions
Five Reasons To Choose Contragel Green
1. Contragel green is water soluble means it’s safe to use with natural latex, rubber or polyurethane condoms as well as latex or silicone rubber diaphragms and cervical caps.
2. When used with a cervical cap such as FemCap, Contragel Green forms a physical barrier with a low pH value just in front of the cervix, inhibiting and immobilizing the sperm. The woman is protected twice, first by the cap and then by the gel.
3. Contragel comes in a 60ml tube. Most spermicides tend to come in 30ml tubes for around the same price meaning that ContraGel users make great savings as well as avoiding the risks associated with N-9.
4. Our product is a tried and tested alternative to spermicide, that has been produced and used in this composition for over 35 years First manufactured by the Family Planning Association (NVSH) from 1972 until 2003 under the name Contracep. This product has been bought back into production through consumer demand by DeltaMed GmbH, a German based ISO 13458 Certified manufacturer, re-branding the product under the name Contragel Green.
5. ContraGel Green is a Class IIa medical device approved for retail sale and home use under CE 0124 certification. No medical prescription is required (available over the counter) and full manufacturer’s instructions are included in English, Dutch, French, Italian and Spanish with every unit.
The Importance Of Spermicide With Barrier Contraceptives
It is worth remembering that intercourse only has the risk of pregnancy for about 6 days per cycle during your Fertility Window. A healthy egg is only able to be fertilized for 18-24 hours and sperm cannot survive for more than 5 days inside the vagina so that span of 6 days (5 days before and the day of ovulation) are really the only times when barrier contraception needs to be used for pregnancy protection. Click here to learn more about identifying your Fertility Window for contraception
Contragel and Yes Lubricants
After a recent evaluation, the Yes Yes Company, which sells organic lubricants, has verified that ContraGel Green is compatible with their range of organic water-based lubricants. These lubricants will not damage latex diaphragms, condoms or cervical caps and like ContraGel, can be used as frequently as desired. An added bonus of combining ContraGel with Yes water based lubricants is that the acidic nature of Yes water-based lubricants actually inhibits sperm motility. Sperm lose their ability to swim below around pH6 and these water lubricants match the typical vaginal pH4. So while Yes water-based lubricant is not a spermicide, it does stop them from getting anywhere. Go all natural in your contraceptive methods and take advantage of using two amazing natural products together!
As low as: £15.00
ContraGel Green, the natural, vegan alternative to spermicide, in a large 60ml tube. The ideal gel for your diaphragm or cervical cap, natural and safe. Compatible with YES Organic lubricants and French Letter vegan condoms.
As low as: £90.00
ContraGel Green, the Natural, Vegan Alternative to Spermicide, large 60ml tube. The ideal gel for your diaphragm or cervical cap, natural and safe. Compatible with YES Organic lubricants and French Letter vegan condoms.