The Menstrual Cycle
We've compiled the most important information regarding the science of menstruation and put it in layman's terms. Find out about each phase of menstruation and what happens internally during each cycle.
Many women experience vaginal dryness during the menopause. Luckily, there are a few things women can do to combat vaginal dryness and return to being happy, comfortable, and sexual active.
Rebuilding Vaginal Strength
Women who suffer from narrowing and scarring of their vaginas often experience discomfort during sex, which can be both emotionally and physically traumatizing.
Environmentally Safe Sex
Using vegan condoms is one of the easiest ways to make sure your intimate experiences are not only pleasurable, but also great for the environment too!
Chlamydia is an STD which does not present symptoms in about 50-70% of infected women. Of all the patients infected with Chlamydia that is not detected by their doctor, half will develop pelvic inflammatory disease.
Genital Herpes can be very painful not to mention unsightly and contagious. People with this virus are often subjected to recurrent outbreaks and should seek medical attention as soon as they have reason to believe they might be infected.
Genital Warts take the title of the most common sexually transmitted infection. The genital warts virus is less painful than herpes, and can often go away without treatment. Some people may only experience one outbreak of genital warts before the problem takes care of itself.
Gonorrhea is among one of the more painful and serious sexually transmitted infections and can lead to infertility in both men and women. Gonorrhea bacteria that come into contact with the eye can also cause conjunctivitis.
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is a virus that remains in the body of whoever gets infected for the rest of their life. There is currently no cure for HIV and no vaccine to prevent people from becoming infected, making HIV extremely serious.
Non-Specific Urethritis is inflammation (pain, redness and/or swelling) of the urethra (tube where urine comes out). It is possible for men and women to have non-specific urethritis but it is more difficult to diagnose in women.
Pubic Lice are tiny parasitic insects that live in coarse body hair, such as pubic hair. They are yellow-grey and about 2mm long. Because of the bug's crab-like appearance, the lice are often known as crabs.
Syphilis is not as common as other sexually transmitted infections but if left untreated, can cause very serious health problems in both men and women. Untreated syphilis may, after many years, start to cause very serious damage to the heart, brain, eyes, other internal organs, bones and nervous system.
Trichomonas Vaginalis is a tiny parasite which causes an infection. In women the infection can be found in the vagina and the urethra (tube where urine comes out). In men it can be found in the urethra.
Thrush can develop in the vagina and on the male and female genitals. It is a very common cause of unusual vaginal discharge – three out of four women will have thrush at some point in their lives, although men usually do not contract thrush.
Bacterial Vaginosis is the most common cause of unusual vaginal discharge which develops when the normal environment of the vagina changes. One in three women will get it at some time. It is not a sexually transmitted infection but can develop after you have had sex.
Price (VAT inc.): £22.50
In-vitro diagnostic test for self testing. The Cyclotest LH Test is a single-stage ovulation test with hygienic holder for detecting the ovulatory hormone LH in urine in order to determine the most fertile phase prior to ovulation. 9 tests are included.
- Hygienic, luxury style, mid-stream test.
- Simple, clear, fast & safe.
- 99% accurate.
- Cyclotest products can not be shipped to USA and Canada.
Price (VAT inc.): £4.99
Yes lubricants are natural and certified organic by the Soil Association UK.
Formulated for maximum lubricity and long lasting glide with a rich satin texture,Yes lubricants are hypoallergenic, beneficial for skin, so no need to wash off and are non-staining
- Yes Water-based contains aloa vera and acts as a moisturiser and is compatible with ContraGel
- Yes Oil-based gives a firmer glide, ideal for toy usage and body massage
- Yes Baby is a sperm friendly lubricant which doesn't kill sperm as quickly as regular lubricants
Price (VAT inc.): £2.50
These soft cleansing wipes are designed for women to use as part of their daily intimate hygiene, especially during menstruation and as an extra convenience when travelling. They are organic and certified by the Vegan Society.
- 100% organic cotton
- Not tested on animals
- Free from alcohol and detergents
Price (VAT inc.): £24.95
Out of stock
The FemmyCycle Menstrual Cup is a cost effective and environmentally friendly solution to your feminine hygiene needs. It's unique 'no-spill' design makes insertion and removal totally secure, so you feel fresh and protected all day long.
- More Hygienic Than Tampons or Sanitary Pads
- Unique 'No-Spill' Design
- Three Sizes To Suit Every Need
- Smarter Design Resulting In Larger Capacity
- Minimal Ridges And Holes For Easier Cleaning
- Medical Grade Silicone
- Vegan - No Animal By-Products
- Designed By Top Gynecologists
Price (VAT inc.): £7.99
The first condom made with a proprietary plant-based formula of thistle extract and natural rubber latex, using Glyde’s patented ‘double dipping’ technology for extra sheerness with complete reliability. These vegan condoms are guaranteed to be free of Nonoxynol 9 spermicide which will save a lot of people a lot of itching. Available in 3 sizes to ensure the best fit, they are totally compatible with ContraGel, our natural alternative to spermicide and YES organic lubricants.
- No casein, talc, parabens or spermicides
- Double washed to eliminate unpleasant latex odor
- 3 different sizes to choose from
- Exceed global requirements for strength and resilience
- Certified Ethical & Vegan by the Vegan Society
- Non-GMO fair trade natural rubber
- FDA and CE approved
- Compatible with ContraGel and YES organic lubricants
Price (VAT inc.): £14.50
Pjur med PRO-LONG spray is a 'delay spray', to combat hypersensitivity and premature ejaculation. Dermatologist tested, safe for daily use, latex condom safe and lidocaine & benzocaine- free.
- Delay spray with natural and nature-identical ingredients.
- Reduces hypersensitivity.
- Natural ingredients with a soothing effect.
- Free from greenhouse gases.
- Latex condom tested and certified.
Price (VAT inc.): £16.00
A simple, clean solution to vaginal dryness and fungal infections. ProMeno is the new way to achieve vaginal rehydration, without the mess!
- Contains no hormones
- Adheres perfectly to the vaginal wall
- Restores moisture levels in the vagina
- Absorbs fluid up to 1000 times its own weight
- Has excellent lubricating (sliding) properties
- Helps wounds to heal
- Has a long-lasting action and needs to be used only once every 3 days
- Has the appropriate pH (degree of acidity)
- Inhibits the growth of Candida
- Is a handy ovule, so no messing around with gels and applicators
Price (VAT inc.): £60.00
Dilators can help restore the vagina after difficulties caused by the effects of radiotherapy, surgery, or to combat conditions which can affect the structure or cause muscle spasms of the vagina. These dilators have exactly the right balance between rigidness and flexibility
Common conditions treatable using dilators include:
- Lichen Sclerosis
- Vagina Agenesis
- Post Pelvic Radiotherapy
- Maintaining Vaginal Integrity After Gender Reassignment Surgery
Price (VAT inc.): £9.50
CLEAN-Fleece, 25 hygienic intimate wipes. Sterile, fresh, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial these resealable packs are highly recommended for the bedside table of diaphragm and cervical cap users. Alcohol free and perfume free.
- Colourless and scentless
- Dermatologically confirmed
- Anti Fungal, Anti Viral, Anti Bacterial
- High-grade ingredients according to highest degree of purity
Price (VAT inc.): £11.50
Pjur CLEAN Spray is the only alcohol-free cleaning product on the market to provides protection against bacteria, fungus, and even lipophilic viruses. It's alcohol-free formulation makes it the ideal cleansing product for diaphragms, cervical caps, intimate toys as well as intimate areas.
- Colorless, Odorless, and Tasteless
- Antifungal, Antibacterial and Antiviral
- Dermatologically Tested
- Highest Grade Ingredients For The Highest Degree Of Purity
Price (VAT inc.): £15.00
With this test a woman can determine if she is experiencing peri-menopause or post menopause to enable her to seek guidance and appropriate advice from her physician. FSH levels normally vary between 10 and 20 miU/ml in woman. After transition into post menopause these increase to over 25mU/ml. This test detects levels of up to 25mU/ml.
- Sterile rapid test to detect hFSH (a marker for transition into post menopause)
- Fast & reliable - visible result within 10 minutes.
- Sensitive to 25 mlU hFSH/ml.
- Kit includes 2 tests and manufacturer's instructions for use.
Price (VAT inc.): £15.00
Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) range from cystitis (a mild but disturbing inflammation that is limited to the bladder) to severe infections of the kidneys. 70% of all UTI's are usually caused by the bacteria E coli from the patient’s own bowels This test detects indirect signs of infection such as protein, nitrite and leucocytes not normally present in urine.
- Rapid test to detect indirect signs of infection not normally present in urine
- Fast & reliable - visible result within 2 minutes.
- Detects protein, nitrite and leucocytes.
- Kit includes 2 tests and manufacturer's instructions for use.
Price (VAT inc.): £29.00
In-vitro diagnostic test used to detect Chlamydia Trachomatis in women. One of the only genuine home testing kit on the market for a start-to-finish test in the privacy of the users own home. With no messy lab samples to mail off, results are displayed within minutes.
- Test to detect Chlamydia Trachomatis in women.
- Results given in minutes
- Diligent test to perform before planning for pregnancy.
- 50% of infected mothers will pass it to their newborn children.
- Test for females only.
- 98.3% accurate for peace of mind testing.
- Cyclotest products can not be shipped to USA and Canada
Price (VAT inc.): £29.50
Out of stock
FertilityScore Male Fertility Test (contains 2 tests). Measures sperm count and sperm motility. In-Vitro test can be conducted in the privacy of your home home with no need to attend a clinic or mail samples.
- No Waiting For a Specialist Consultation.
- Test Yourself in the Privacy and Dignity of Your Own Home.
- 93% Success in Confirming Positive Spermcount / Motility.
- Package Contains 2 Test Kits.
- Cellophane Security and Quality Sealed.
- American Designed European Manufactured.
- EU / CE 0344 Certified.