The FemmyCycle is an ingeniously designed silicone cup that sits in the vagina to collect blood and cellular debris discharged from the uterus via the cervix during menstruation. It is a cost-effective and environmentally friendly alternative to pads and tampons.
The FDA granted 510(K) clearance on November 15, 2012 to market The FemmyCycle®, a cost-effective and environmentally friendly alternative to sanitary napkins and tampons. It recently won BIOCOM’s EXPO "Why Didn’t I Think of That?" Award.
Which size is right for me?
Sizing does NOT go according to age - because vaginas and cervixs don’t magically change size at age 30.
- 17.5 ml. FemmyCycle. If you’ve never been pregnant or have a tighter vaginal cavity, this size is for you. But don’t worry, the 17.5 ml capacity is still more generous then other brands size Large menstrual cups.
- 30 ml. FemmyCycle. If you’ve been pregnant chances are your vaginal canal is wider and this cup will be a better fit. Added bonus: the generous size means it won’t need to be changed for 12 hours. Great for overnight.
- 30 ml. Low Cervix FemmyCycle. You’ve found it! Finally a menstrual cup that will fit with your low cervix. Most cups are just too tall and the stem it too long to fit comfortably. The FemmyCycle Low Cervix eliminates all the common problems to fit comfortably and securely.
Using Your Cup
Will I feel the FemmyCycle while I'm wearing it?
Nope. If it is inserted correctly, you will not notice it at all.
Can the FemmyCycle fall out if I’m too active?
No. Feel free to run, jump, skip, swim, or go rock climbing. If inserted correctly, the FemmyCycle will not fall out. The shape of the FemmyCycle cup is radically different then other cups, in part for this very reason. The cup is widest at the center, allowing for more of the silicone surface area to hug the sides of your vaginal canal.
Furthermore, unlike most cups that are prone to slipping because they are narrow at the bottom, FemmyCycle is narrowest at the top, so gravity works to keep it in place.
I have sensitive skin. Will FemmyCycle irritate it?
The FemmyCycle is made from medical grade silicone that will not irritate your skin. No chemicals or dyes are used in the process, making it the perfect choice for those with sensitive skin.
How do I clean my FemmyCycle?
A quick wash with warm water and soap is all that is needed to clean your FemmyCycle between each twelve hour period. After your cycle is over, wash it with hot water to sanitize it completely before you put it away for the next month. The medical grade silicone that FemmyCycle is made from is 100x less adhesive than teflon— that means no bacteria or germs will stick to it, and there is no need to boil it.
There Is Something Different About This Cup
The shape of the FemmyCycle is completely different from other cups. Why is that?
Every single other cup on the market is based off the same original menstrual cup prototype. Only FemmyCycle has a patented, completely revolutionary design.
FemmyCycle is designed to be shorter, rounder, and wider than all other cups. The narrowest point is at the top, rather than the bottom of the cup, so gravity works with it to keep it in place. Because the center of the cup is the widest point, more of the silicone surface area hugs the vaginal walls, reducing the chance of it slipping. The rounded shape also allows it to remain a high capacity, despite being shorter than other cups
All the other cups I've come across have air holes for suction. Why doesn't the FemmyCycle?
Most cups need the air holes for the cup to open up and hug the vaginal walls. But the air holes are hard to clean, and quickly become breeding grounds for bacteria that can lead to infections. The soft silicone of the FemmyCycle molds to the vaginal canal regardless of the cup completely opening. The cup then creates a suction to ensure no leaks. All this, without the dreaded air holes.
Ready to feel fantastic? Why not try these products:
- FemmyCycle Menstrual Cup
Price (Inc. VAT):£28.50
- Most unique menstrual cup on the market.
- 12-hour protection. Large capacity, even with a low cervix.
- Super soft silicone conforms to the vagina to eliminate leaks.
- Easy to clean. Minimal grooves and holes. FDA Approved.
- Choose from 3 sizes. Find your perfect fit.