Diaphragms were once the go-to method of contraception. Diaphragms cover the cervix and blocking sperm from entering the uterus, preventing pregnancy. They are effective, discreet (unlike a condom!), comfortable, and side-effect free. Chances are your mother or grandmother used one successfully for years! But as pharmaceutical birth control swept over the world diaphragms fell off the map.
It was mostly esthetics and convince that put the breaks on diaphragm use. The flesh-toned silicone disc looks old fashioned and intimidating. The requirement for a trained medical professional to assess correct size means that doctors need to be motivated to promote them. As quick and easy contraception became the norm, many doctors simply stopped mentioning diaphragms as an option. Diaphragm use became so minimal that the number one diaphragm supplier, Ortho Johnson, makers of the All-Flex diaphragm, ceased production in 2014.
But things are changing. The post-modern woman is taking back control of their birth control. Women don't want the side effects and health risks of hormonal birth control and demand effective and natural birth control. A diaphragm is just the ticket.
The Caya diaphragm (called SLICs diaphragm during testing stages) created a new-age diaphragm revolution. Caya re-envisioned a perfect diaphragm. The new Caya diaphragm is easier to use, more comfortable, and anatomically designed to fit a wide range of women.
A major drawback to traditional diaphragms is the need for frequent refitting. Efficacy is directly linked to using the correct size diaphragm, and diaphragm size can change you gain or lose weight, give birth, or go through other vaginal procedures.
The Caya diaphragm replaces this difficult sizing system with one single size device. Caya is not a one size fits all diaphragm. Rather, once confirming you fall within the size range of 65mm to 80mm, you can use Caya without worrying about frequent refitting. About 80% of women fit into the range of sizes that are compatible with Caya.
FemCap Cervical Cap
The FemCap is a small silicone cap is placed directly over the cervix to stop sperm from traveling towards the uterus. While diaphragms come in many sizes and must be assessed by a trained healthcare professional, FemCap only has three sizes. The reason is simple. Diaphragms are larger and are held in place by the walls of the vaginal canal. The vaginal canal can easily change sizes due to various factors.
But the FemCap is different. It suctions directly to the cervix, and the cervix only changes size twice: once when a woman becomes pregnant and once when she delivers vaginally. So what is the result? A barrier contraceptive that does not need frequent refitting by a professional, and if fact does not need to be sized by a health care professional in the first place.
While having a professional assessment does ensure you are using the FemCap correctly, eliminating the requirement for a fitting makes FemCap drastically more accessible than other barrier contraceptives.
Ready to feel fantastic? Why not try these products:
- Cyclotest. Plan or Avoid Pregnancy Naturally.
Price (Inc. VAT):£149.00
- Accurate, easy to use, and multipurpose fertility monitor.
- Advanced algorithm tracks & predicts your fertility window.
- Homescreen displays your daily fertility status automatically.
- German design and engineering. Certified 2b class medical device.
- 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty. Start-up call. Email Support.
- ContraGel Natural Spermicide Alternative
Price (Inc. VAT):£14.99
- Large 60ml Tube. Expiry August 2020.
- Spermicide Alternative. No Nonoxynol-9. Reduce irritation risk.
- Use with Diaphragms, Caya or FemCap cervical cap.
- Vegan. Gluten-free. Not tested on animals.
- Class IIa Medical Device. CE Approved. Made in Europe.
- Gygel. Nonoxynol-9 Spermicide.
Price (Inc. VAT):£19.50
- NHS approved for use without a prescription.
- Nonoxynol-9 (N-9) based; hormone-free.
- Instantly reversible contraception.
- Must be used with a barrier contraceptive.
- New larger 81ml tube.
- Glyde Vegan Condoms
Price (Inc. VAT):£7.99
- Pack of 10 Vegan Certified condoms.
- Fair trade rubber. Non-GMO. Earth-friendly.
- Paraben-free. Talc-free. Spermicide-free. Casein-free.
- Extra sheer strength without added thickness.
- 4 size options. Find your perfect fit.
- FemCap Cervical Cap
Price (Inc. VAT):£49.99
- Hormone-free birth control.
- No prescription needed. Choose from 3 easy to determine sizes.
- Easy to use. Designed to fit securely and comfortably.
- Unlike a condom, does not interrupt skin-to-skin intimacy.
- Made in the USA. FDA and Health Canada approved. EU/CE Certified.
- Caya Single Size Contraceptive Diaphragm
Price (Inc. VAT):£39.99
- Safe, reliable and hormone-free birth control.
- Single size design fits wide range of women.
- Easy to use. Totally comfortable for both partners.
- Suitable for 65mm, 70mm, 75mm or 80mm diaphragms users.
- FDA and Health Canada approved. EU/CE 0470 Certified.
- Milex Omniflex Contraceptive Diaphragm
Price (Inc. VAT):£49.99
- Effective and hormone-free birth control.
- Omniflex Wide-Seal rim can be folded in any direction.
- Must be used with contraceptive gel.
- 8 size options. Compatible with Ortho All-Flex sizing.
- Discreet shipping to your door.